Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello!

I sit here at the conclusion of a really difficult year, and I realize that lots of my difficulties were made so much more difficult by my struggle with perfectionism.

I declare that 2012 is going to be the year that I learn to relish in IMperfectionism.

Why? Because my 3yo daughter thinks that the most important thing that you can be is "perkect". Because I have delayed projects for years because of my own concerns that the finished results wouldn't meet my expectations.* Because the time to enjoy life is now.

My goal is to document my own growth and insight as I learn to more fully embrace life and all of its imperfections. In short, it's time that I finally try to live by something I learned in Sixth grade from Mrs. Bell: "Strive for Excellence, Not Perfection".

*note to self: I'm pretty sure that any finished project is better than half-completed stacks of things in the craft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment