Monday, January 2, 2012

Perfectly Pink Cookies




This morning, I had plans to make cookies. I asked my daughter if she wanted oatmeal or snickerdoodles. She replied that she wanted pink cookies. Now, my over-the-top brain started thinking about the fabulous cookies that I could make, but I knew that I didn't have time for anything too-involved. I was about to say "no" because it seemed a big project and a hassle, but I decided to take off the perfectionist hat and look at it another way. 
I decided just to make Snickerdoodles and color the dough pink. She was ecstatic!



Making "perfect" Pinterest-worthy cookies wasn't what my daughter wanted. She simply wanted pink cookies. My own expectations were turning it into a bigger project than it needed to be.


(Yes, her dress is on inside-out. She goes through multiple wardrobe changes a day, so I try to encourage her to do it as much as possible on her own.)

1 comment:

  1. How cute that they are pink! Somebody looks as if they cant wait!Found you vi Nester!

    ReplyDelete